CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Parts Inventory Control Software (OT)

Posted by Marv Frankel
on 2005-10-30 02:10:37 UTC
Bruce,
It should be fairly easy to set up an inventory control system
using Excel, or a similar spreadsheet. First, you have to create
labels for your shelves, by level and location, such as: A-1..2..3
etc.. which would be the lowest level, and B-1..2..3, which would be
the next level up, etc.. When you put an item in a shelf location,
enter the item description and location on a file card, and once a day
enter the data into your spreadsheet, from these cards. Don't try to
keep similar items together. You'll be able to do that, using the sort
function of your spreadsheet.
This is a simplified version of systems that I've used in
Distribution Centers as large as 1.4 million Sq. ft., with as many as
114,000 shelf locations.

Marv Frankel
Los Angeles

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Craig <docsys@a...> wrote:

> Parts Inventory Control Software
>
> Hope this is on subject, but I am looking for some type of software to
> manage the large qty of parts and hardware that I have aquired.
>
> I am thinking about a program that would keep track of bolts and nuts
> along with custom parts I have made.
>
> If there is a easy to use, low cost database program would be best.
> Cost would be under $100, that would pay for itself when I spend a
> couple of hours looking for things.
>
> Any ideas?
> Bruce

Discussion Thread

Bruce Craig 2005-10-29 19:00:31 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Parts Inventory Control Software Marv Frankel 2005-10-30 02:10:37 UTC Re: Parts Inventory Control Software (OT) David A. Frantz 2005-10-30 03:53:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Parts Inventory Control Software (OT) kmslinda 2005-10-30 05:08:33 UTC Re: Parts Inventory Control Software turbulatordude 2005-10-30 08:42:33 UTC Re: Parts Inventory Control Software (OT) OFF TOIPC Jymmm 2005-10-31 09:36:27 UTC Re: Parts Inventory Control Software (OT)