CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Tubing Notcher

Posted by gary
on 2005-11-08 22:19:48 UTC
We only used a single axis to tilt the torch in plane radial to the tube
centerline, remember the pipe notch and the bevel is a surface of
revolution. The pipe or tube is rotated under the torch and the bevel is
generated as a spline along the torch axis.

I am leaving B'ham in the morning for a meeting in Seattle but will be
back on Friday, I will try to do a rough hand sketch over the weekend.
The generation of the notch and bevel actually turns out to be much
simpler than it seems.

gary