CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Baldor Permanent Magnet Servo Motor on Bridgeport Series II CNC specifications?

Chris Bieber wrote:

> Bob
> I have a similar set-up on a Clausing-Kondia mill with DynaPath Delta 10 controller with Baldor permanent magnet motors. Motor specs from tags (all 3 Axis) as follows
>
> Baldor Big Mho Permanent Magnet Motor
> Model # 4201990
> 500 oz-in
> 120 VDC 2500 RPM
> 10 AMPs Constant, 39 AMPs Peak
> Tach output 7.0 V/KRPM
> Volt Constant Kc=40 V/KRPM
> Transducer = Encoder 1000L
>
> This should be very similar to what you have (model#), other than year built (1988 vs 1990). From what I understand DynaPath provide this as a package to many machine builders.
> The controller should have Servo Dynamic cards installed, these are Model SD1525 rated at 100 Volts peak and 15 amps. Located in upper right hand coner of controll box. My controller was set-up with a 72 Vot AC transfomer for the servo power, this gives you 100 Volts DC at the Servo Card Rectifiers. That should give some info on what you will need for Geko drives.
> If you need some additional info contact me off list and I'll try to help.
> Since you say you're controller is dead are you interested in parting with it?

Bob,

If your servo amps are in good condition, you really ought to keep
them. The Servo Dynamics
are good amps. I have an interface to this type of amplifier, and EMC
has drivers for
it. Some info on my interface is at
http://jelinux.pico-systems.com/PPMC.html

jacoby01 2005-12-17 15:05:28 UTC Baldor Permanent Magnet Servo Motor on Bridgeport Series II CNC specifications? Chris Bieber 2005-12-18 06:37:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Baldor Permanent Magnet Servo Motor on Bridgeport Series II CNC specifications? jacoby01 2005-12-18 07:27:44 UTC Re: Baldor Permanent Magnet Servo Motor on Bridgeport Series II CNC specifications? Jon Elson 2005-12-18 16:09:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Baldor Permanent Magnet Servo Motor on Bridgeport Series II CNC specifications? wthomas@g... 2005-12-20 05:15:13 UTC W.E.T. Greetings