CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Baldor Permanent Magnet Servo Motor on Bridgeport Series II CNC specifications?

Posted by jacoby01
on 2005-12-18 07:27:44 UTC
Chris,

Perfect! This is exactly what I was after! I'd love to hear from
others with this DynaPath Delta 10 contoller. My plan is to replace
all this with a new because the electronics were not functioning on
the mill when I purchased it - hence a cheap price so my plan is to
install new servo drivers and run the machine from Mach2. This
conversion might be helpful to others with similar setups.

Thanks again Chris!

Bob

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Chris Bieber
<christop.bieber@s...> wrote:

> Bob
> I have a similar set-up on a Clausing-Kondia mill with DynaPath
Delta 10 controller with Baldor permanent magnet motors. Motor specs
from tags (all 3 Axis) as follows

> Baldor Big Mho Permanent Magnet Motor
> Model # 4201990
> 500 oz-in
> 120 VDC 2500 RPM
> 10 AMPs Constant, 39 AMPs Peak
> Tach output 7.0 V/KRPM
> Volt Constant Kc=40 V/KRPM
> Transducer = Encoder 1000L
>
> This should be very similar to what you have (model#), other than
year built (1988 vs 1990). From what I understand DynaPath provide
this as a package to many machine builders.
> The controller should have Servo Dynamic cards installed, these
are Model SD1525 rated at 100 Volts peak and 15 amps. Located in
upper right hand coner of controll box. My controller was set-up
with a 72 Vot AC transfomer for the servo power, this gives you 100
Volts DC at the Servo Card Rectifiers. That should give some info on
what you will need for Geko drives.
> If you need some additional info contact me off list and I'll try
to help.
> Since you say you're controller is dead are you interested in
parting with it?
> Chris

Discussion Thread

jacoby01 2005-12-17 15:05:28 UTC Baldor Permanent Magnet Servo Motor on Bridgeport Series II CNC specifications? Chris Bieber 2005-12-18 06:37:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Baldor Permanent Magnet Servo Motor on Bridgeport Series II CNC specifications? jacoby01 2005-12-18 07:27:44 UTC Re: Baldor Permanent Magnet Servo Motor on Bridgeport Series II CNC specifications? Jon Elson 2005-12-18 16:09:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Baldor Permanent Magnet Servo Motor on Bridgeport Series II CNC specifications? wthomas@g... 2005-12-20 05:15:13 UTC W.E.T. Greetings