CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Does a VFD do the trick?

on 2006-01-06 07:39:30 UTC
The 2 motors are inside the machine linked with belt or gear.
But when I have a stepper I still have a force to overcome cranking it
when the current is switched of. And as I understand if I crank a
switched off stepper it generates current that might kill the driver
(lets say a Gecko).
Right?
Sven Peter
----- Mensaje Original -----
De: juan gelt <juangelt@...>
Fecha: Viernes, Enero 6, 2006 9:15 am
Asunto: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Does a VFD do the trick?

> you might reconsider steppers as they are cheap to
> control.
> you can get steppers with double shaft and put crank
> on it. my cnc mill is like that. no trouble to work it
> manually at all.
>
> --- Familia Peter Arce & TAD <peteryco@...>
> wrote:
>

> > Hello friends,
> > I fell over my own words yesterday and have to make
> > the best out of it.
> >
> > A (2,5-3tons) beauty of surface grinder from 1957 I
> > have to get again to
> > work. Complete new electrics with a PLC.
> > What I thought were reduction motors are plain three
> > fase motors (1700
> > revs, 125W) inside 1 to 1 geared.
> > Out side reduction Y 1:3 makes 1,7mm per motor turn
> > and Z 1:7,5 makes 0,13mm per motor turn.
> > With solid state relays I will get the Y movement
> > reasonable well to work.
> > But for the Z movement not. I would like to have an
> > automatic down feed
> > graduable from 0,001 to 0,04mm until I am close to
> > the final measurement
> > and still be able to manage the machine by hand.
> > That makes me exclude steppers as option.
> >
> > Does a VFD on standard three fase motors do the
> > trick that I can turn it
> > just something like 2 degree or more per impuls and
> > later leave it free
> > spinning?
> >
> > As you know me, I work on all kind of machines, but
> > I hadn´t to convert
> > any with this kind of task and have no hands on
> > experience with VFD's.
> > The PLC has encoder inputs so if necesary I can hook
> > some on the motors,
> > screw or nut.
> >
> > The owner first of all needs the machine running,
> > keeping future options
> > open, but a automatic use and position feed back
> > will be greatly
> > apreciated. And tiny VFD's aren´t that much out of
> > financial reach.
> >
> > Who has played with VFD's and standard threefase
> > motors (240V Delta
> > generated with slave motor) and can give me a
> > reference if it is feasonable?
> >
> > Best regards from Costa Rica, where clocks work
> > diferent.
> >
> > Sven Peter
> >

> > Addresses:
> > FILES:
> > Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> >
> > Subscribe:
> > CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
> > Unsubscribe:
> > wanliker@..., timg@...
> > Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@...
> > davemucha@... [Moderators]
> > URL to this group:
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru
> > Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

> > consider this to be a sister site to the CCED group,
> > as many of the same members are there, for OT
> [...]

Discussion Thread

Familia Peter Arce & TAD 2006-01-06 07:08:35 UTC Does a VFD do the trick? juan gelt 2006-01-06 07:15:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Does a VFD do the trick? Familia Peter Arce & TAD 2006-01-06 07:39:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Does a VFD do the trick? Les Newell 2006-01-06 07:57:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Does a VFD do the trick? Familia Peter Arce & TAD 2006-01-06 08:09:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Does a VFD do the trick? juan gelt 2006-01-06 08:17:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Does a VFD do the trick?