CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: wiring geckos to stepper motors - common wires to where?

Posted by Keith Clark
on 2006-01-07 20:21:20 UTC
Dave,

Thanks for the link. It looks like I have an 8 wire motor wired in
Series. My motor use the term Unipolar. I guess Unipolar=Series
and Bipolar=Parallel??

Thanks,
Keith Clark

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Halliday" <dh@s...>
wrote:

> Try this:
>
> http://www.geckodrives.com/photos/Step_motor_basics.pdf
>
> You want pages 7,8 & 9 although the rest is a very good (and
necessary)
> read...
>
> Dave

Gecko at

<KM6VV@a...>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Keith,
> > >
> > > DON'T connect the common wires together! Check out the "white
> > papers"
> > > on the Gecko website.
> > >
> > > Alan KM6VV

> > The
> > are
Gecko
> > drives
> > believe

> > wanliker@a..., timg@k...
> > [Moderators]

> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
> > reach it if you have trouble.

> > to be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same
members
> > are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED
list.

> > POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
> > EXCEPTIONS........

> > Addresses:
> > Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> >
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
> > wanliker@a..., timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q...
> > davemucha@j... [Moderators]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com
> > to reach it if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there,
> for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
>
> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Keith Clark 2006-01-07 16:15:18 UTC wiring geckos to stepper motors - common wires to where? Alan Marconett 2006-01-07 19:16:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wiring geckos to stepper motors - common wires to where? Keith Clark 2006-01-07 20:00:35 UTC Re: wiring geckos to stepper motors - common wires to where? Dave Halliday 2006-01-07 20:05:35 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: wiring geckos to stepper motors - common wires to where? Keith Clark 2006-01-07 20:21:20 UTC Re: wiring geckos to stepper motors - common wires to where? notoneleft 2006-01-07 21:41:27 UTC Re: wiring geckos to stepper motors - common wires to where? Dave Halliday 2006-01-07 22:03:06 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: wiring geckos to stepper motors - common wires to where? Keith Clark 2006-01-08 04:01:44 UTC Re: wiring geckos to stepper motors - common wires to where Alan Marconett 2006-01-08 14:12:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: wiring geckos to stepper motors - common wires to where? Keith Clark 2006-01-08 19:47:32 UTC Re: wiring geckos to stepper motors - common wires to where?