CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] To convert Quadrature Encoder signals to Tachogenerator signals

Posted by Babar
on 2006-01-19 21:35:56 UTC
Yes , my aaplication is a DC servo motor for X-Axis of
a turning center .Actually the motor and Drive
(A20B-0007-0361) are both from Fanuc , The Drive have
3 different modes of operations:

1) Tacho 3V
2) Tacho 6 V
3) Pulse Encoder +F/V

In my machine the servo motor does not have the Tacho
and the drive was running in 3rd mode, the F/V logic
was implemented in orignal CNC control, which I am
replacing with Powerautomation GmbH CNC control.

Pete and Jon Elson are right about using the F to V
circuit, The main problem for me is how to convert the
sign of the analog voltage generated by the F/V, Jon,
you have recommended some "Linear inverter" and
"quadrature to step/direction converter " for this
purpose ,could you please give me some link to where I
can find these circuit schematics?The Pulse coder
installed in the motor is of 2500 cpr.

before this discussion ,I myself was planning to use
the drive in mode 1 or 2 and for this purpose to use
2 F/V ICs with a 4066 analog switch for the sign
conversion of the analog voltage, but I don't know
whether this circuit will be fast enough to meet the
servo's requirement.

Thanks and regards

Babar