CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Chopper Transient Suppression

Posted by Codesuidae
on 2006-02-01 09:36:01 UTC
Thanks to both of you for the info. As it happens I was writting a .WAV
to GCode converter last night, so I was looking for info about how the
audible frequency of the motor releates to the step rate and therefore
the feedrate. Gcode really doesn't provide the kind of control
necessary for the best conversion, and it doesn't work at all without CV
(it just make lots of nasty clunks with all the starting and stopping at
each very short segment).

For best results I'd probably have to bypass gcode entirely and generate
the required pulse trains directly. And from the sound of it, if I were
using Gecko's I'd have to detune them to hear anything anyway :)

The project was inspired by a couple of wav files of F1 race car engines
playing music with precise throttle control. Amazing stuff.

<http://www.autoblog.com/2005/10/23/from-the-renault-v10-a-real-swan-song/>

Anyway, thanks again for the info,
Dave K