CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using a printer switch to switch between controllers?

on 2006-02-11 14:29:13 UTC
Hi Nick,

Instead of a printer switch, how about using TWO parallel ports?

Printer switch should also work OK, if it has all it's circuits (not
just an RS-232 switch).

Alan KM6VV

Nicholas Carter and Felice Luftschein wrote:
> I am running out of space in my tiny shop and rather than dedicating a
> computer for each small CNC machine I'd like to have two controllers
> hooked up to one computer through a printer switch.
> These are small controllers, Taig and Xylotex and no, I won't be using
> more than one at a time...
> Are there any issues I should be aware of like voltage/current drop,
> unreliability, total destruction of the control, etc? Anyone doing this?
> The printer switch I have is old - I know some changes have been made in
> communication between printers and computers in the last, um, 6 or 8
> years, are there big diferences in switches?
>
> TIA,
> Nick

Discussion Thread

Nicholas Carter and Felice Luftschein 2006-02-11 10:35:12 UTC Using a printer switch to switch between controllers? R Rogers 2006-02-11 10:47:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using a printer switch to switch between controllers? Aftiel 2006-02-11 11:20:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using a printer switch to switch between controllers? jeffalanp 2006-02-11 11:42:05 UTC Re: Using a printer switch to switch between controllers? Alan Marconett 2006-02-11 14:29:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using a printer switch to switch between controllers? JanRwl@A... 2006-02-12 16:39:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Using a printer switch to switch between controllers?