CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: SIEG Group Purchase Order Prices

on 2006-02-17 16:14:58 UTC
<dave_mucha@...> wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "John Stevenson" <john@> wrote:
> > Be aware there are issues with the Super X3's motor and controller.
> > After testing two the UK importer has declined to import anymore
> into the UK.
> > Both these machines have now had the motor and controller removed
> and sold off as incomplete machines.
> > They have no ower and it's possible to stop the spindle with
> anything but the lighest cut. A direct buy from Seig will eave you
> with no redress if they choose to ignore any complaints.
> > After all that's what importers are for.
> >
> > This isn't a sour grapes post as if I had wanted I could have bought
> one of these UK machines at far less than published prices to get them
> off the importers hands.
> > The standard X3 does not suffer from this problem.
> >
> > John S.
> Motor was bad/weak ??
>
> I have been waiting for a VSD to magically appear on one of my
> scouting adventures, so I listen to these threads.
>
> But, I would have assumed the motor would be workable and the drive be
> the problem.
>
> Dave

Yes Dave the problem is in the motor drive. This machine uses a 1000W
servo motor but the board is only capable of putting out 500 W max.

At low speed and in the tapping mode you can stop the spindle with
your hand.
I test ran one of the first ones into the UK and to be honest I wasn't
impressed with the drive arrangement.
It has one speed only and relies on the board for it speed range.
There is no way a motor of this type and using the drive it does will
get a low enough speed with the torque required.

If I bought one I wouldn't bother as I'd regard it as a kit of parts,
gut the drive, fit two or three speed poly vee drive and a decent 3~
motor with VFD.
What would worry me is if I wasn't capable of this, spent my money and
expected some sort of service.
A bulk buy shortcuts any mainland service unless the organiser want's
to put his hand up for service.
Forget any factory service, they won't want to know after they have
taken money. You aren't liable to give them repeat orders like an
importer and the importers don't want to know as you are taking their
bowl of rice, - literally.

John S.

Discussion Thread

Vaso 2006-02-17 00:08:53 UTC SIEG Group Purchase Order Prices turbulatordude 2006-02-17 02:40:39 UTC Re: SIEG Group Purchase Order Prices John Stevenson 2006-02-17 16:14:58 UTC Re: SIEG Group Purchase Order Prices