CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: SIEG Group Purchase Order Prices

on 2006-02-17 02:40:39 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "John Stevenson" <john@...> wrote:

> > There's a Group Purchase being organized for SIEG Mills, Lathes,
> > Drill Presses, and Power Hack Saws (and accessories). I've
> > received "final" prices today from SIEG. We plan to place orders
> > this weekend. If you're interested, take a look in
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SIEG-SX3-C6B/. If you want to commit
> > to a Buy, you should do so today.
> >
> > The C6B and Super X3 would be excellent platforms for CNC...
> >
> > These are the FOB Shanghai prices SIEG assures me are their "bottom
> > price" for individual orders delivered to individual customers in
> > individual cities. Currently, we have "serious interest" from ~24
> > buyers for ~33 major machines. If we get a phenominal final number
> > of orders - say 30 major machines total - we might get another small
> > discount...
> >
> > SX3 Variable&Tiltable Mill: $900
> > C6B Variable Speed Lathe: $725
> > M2B Mill+Lathe Combo: $875
> > C6A-400 400mm Lathe w/DRO: $560
> > C6A-550 550mm Lathe w/DRO: $580
> > Z16 Electronic Drill Press: $850
> > G1 Power Hacksaw: $230
> >

> Be aware there are issues with the Super X3's motor and controller.
> After testing two the UK importer has declined to import anymore
into the UK.
> Both these machines have now had the motor and controller removed
and sold off as incomplete machines.
> They have no ower and it's possible to stop the spindle with
anything but the lighest cut. A direct buy from Seig will eave you
with no redress if they choose to ignore any complaints.
> After all that's what importers are for.
>
> This isn't a sour grapes post as if I had wanted I could have bought
one of these UK machines at far less than published prices to get them
off the importers hands.
> The standard X3 does not suffer from this problem.
>
> John S.

Motor was bad/weak ??

I have been waiting for a VSD to magically appear on one of my
scouting adventures, so I listen to these threads.

But, I would have assumed the motor would be workable and the drive be
the problem.

Dave

Discussion Thread

Vaso 2006-02-17 00:08:53 UTC SIEG Group Purchase Order Prices turbulatordude 2006-02-17 02:40:39 UTC Re: SIEG Group Purchase Order Prices John Stevenson 2006-02-17 16:14:58 UTC Re: SIEG Group Purchase Order Prices