CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: generic post processor downloads?

Posted by turyga1963
on 2006-02-20 20:55:34 UTC
There should be several basic posts in the mastercam Lathe module.

Pretty much the only differences will be tool changers and other non-
supported G and M codes.

I think the stock mplfan.pst post will work.

If your Mastercam doesn't have the lathe module installed, ask your
network admin if you are licensed for it, or if it is installed but
no icon is present, what the path to it is.

Tom

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "easyguy97" <easyguy97@...>
wrote:

> Hey guys...the shop where I work at just bought an old Gidding and
> Lewis vertical turret lathe. I've been using mastercam for several
> years for milling..but have no experience in drawing/programming
for
> lathes...Can anyone tell me if there are any sites with generic
post
> processors? I can't find anything even close in our mastercam
files.
> If necessary, I suppose our shop owner can pay somebody to make a
> custom post process...just though I'd see if I could make it work
> first. Thanks..Dave

Discussion Thread

easyguy97 2006-02-19 21:48:50 UTC generic post processor downloads? turyga1963 2006-02-20 20:55:34 UTC Re: generic post processor downloads? easyguy97 2006-02-22 01:31:15 UTC Re: generic post processor downloads?