CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: generic post processor downloads?

Posted by easyguy97
on 2006-02-22 01:31:15 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "turyga1963" <TIntruder@...>
wrote:

> There should be several basic posts in the mastercam Lathe module.
>
> Pretty much the only differences will be tool changers and other non-
> supported G and M codes.
>
> I think the stock mplfan.pst post will work.
>
> If your Mastercam doesn't have the lathe module installed, ask your
> network admin if you are licensed for it, or if it is installed but
> no icon is present, what the path to it is.
>
> Tom
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "easyguy97" <easyguy97@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hey guys...the shop where I work at just bought an old Gidding and
> > Lewis vertical turret lathe. I've been using mastercam for several
> > years for milling..but have no experience in drawing/programming
> for
> > lathes...Can anyone tell me if there are any sites with generic
> post
> > processors? I can't find anything even close in our mastercam
> files.
> > If necessary, I suppose our shop owner can pay somebody to make a
> > custom post process...just though I'd see if I could make it work
> > first. Thanks..Dave

Thanks Tom...I'm starting to look into how to edit the post to make it
work...We're not even getting sequence #'s with the ones in mastercam.

Discussion Thread

easyguy97 2006-02-19 21:48:50 UTC generic post processor downloads? turyga1963 2006-02-20 20:55:34 UTC Re: generic post processor downloads? easyguy97 2006-02-22 01:31:15 UTC Re: generic post processor downloads?