CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC contouring

Tim Goldstein wrote:

> I really am not any type of surfacing pro and have only played with it
> see if I could get the Vector skin function to generate a surface
> (worked as
> advertised). I really don't know what would be considered heavy-duty
> surfacing and why Fred Proctor says it is not fast enough. My test
> experience is that EMC was able to drive my mill as fast as I feel
> comfortable running it (about 45 ipm) while processing the g-code of a
> skin
> output from Vector. Obviously, your mileage may vary.

Hmm, really? I just tried this, and ran into some slow moves (about 8
blocks / sec)
when there was more than some small curvature in the path. The way
Bobcad/CAM
created this path, it was 3D all the way, with moves in all 3 axes all
the time. Maybe
my vectors were too long. How many vectors did you have, and how long
were they?
I think mine were .010 - .025" or so. This was the 20-Dec-1999 EMC,
with a servo
machine.

Jon Elson 2000-07-02 22:25:44 UTC Re: EMC contouring