CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question about 4 axis controller software

Posted by Darrell
on 2000-07-03 11:07:10 UTC
The ahha software handles 4th axis rotary very well. I have customers using
it to cut cams.
Darrell

----- Original Message -----
From: Fred Smith <imserv@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com>
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2000 11:04 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question about 4 axis controller software

> As some of the group readers know, Vector Cam is available with a rotary
axis option. We were recently asked to recommend a controller program to
operate a 4th rotary axis, that would work with Vector. Since Vector is
very flexible with respect to 4th axis programming, I am not too worried
about it working with any particular program, but we usually don't make
controller recommendations either. Does any one in the group have any good
feedback about any of the programs in use with 4 axis capabilities?

> I think Ahha, Microkinetics, Flashcut, and MaxNC control software will all
support 4th axis rotary. I'm not too sure about any others. This
particular customer is NOT interested in unhooking an axis to get the 4th
capability, so a 3 axis only program is NOT an option to him. He (& I )
would appreciate any positive comments from the group.

http://209.69.202.197/cadcamedmdro.html