CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Lathe controller about mictokinetics

Posted by john@m...
on 2000-07-03 11:38:07 UTC
> john@m... wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone recomend a controller for a lathe other than Ahha.
>
> Microkinetics is the only one I know of, and I can say only that I
> -think- it'll thread. Next step up appears to be a pretty high
one.

> John, not Jon
>
> TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE LATHE YOU PLAN TO BUILD AND I CAN TELL YOY
IF THE OPTISTEP CARD WILL WORK FOR YOU.

> FURTHER DON'T EXPECT SUPPORT FROM THE COMPANY
>

> REGARDS
>

> BYRON DAMANIA

I'm looking at retrofitting am existing CNC lathe that is on servo's
with resolvers at present but if nessesary I can change these to
servo's with encoders or steppers.
It must be able to use the spindle encoder to thread and accept
industry standard G code - no closed loop software.
Lathe size is 12" swing by 36" between centres.
MUST operate in metric mode.

Discussion Thread

BYRON DAMANIA 2000-07-03 04:28:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Lathe controller about mictokinetics Jon Anderson 2000-07-03 08:30:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Lathe controller about mictokinetics john@m... 2000-07-03 11:38:07 UTC Re: Lathe controller about mictokinetics