CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Linear Encoder Mounting

Posted by turyga1963
on 2006-03-15 00:07:31 UTC
Talk to Tim at LMSC (Linear Measurement Systems Corp) In Anaheim.
http://www.digitalreadoutsystem.com/index.html
He's the gentleman who participates in the "Shumatech DRO" Yahoo group
and imports the Jenix brand of Korean scales as well as selling and
servicing a wide array of other DRO systems.

As I recall though, the Jenix glass scales can be mounted on their
side so long as your mounting arrangement provides for appropriate
alignment between scale beam and data module. Obviously, it's a bit
easier to achieve this alignment when scales are mounted upright as
gravity provides the majority of the alignment guidance.

Tom

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Mogren" <mogren@...>
wrote:

> I am looking at installing linear encoders on a bench mill. the
> ones I am looking at will fit nicely on the X and Z-axis, but not on
> the Y-axis. I just don't have the clearance required, even if I use
> an ultra small/thin version of these scales.
> I could make it work though, if I mount the Y-axis scale on its
side
> and manufacture a mount for it. Can you think of a reason why this
> would not work? I might have to make a cover for it too.
>
> - Jack M.

Discussion Thread

Jack Mogren 2006-03-13 20:10:05 UTC Linear Encoder Mounting Harko Schwartz 2006-03-14 05:16:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Linear Encoder Mounting turyga1963 2006-03-15 00:07:31 UTC Re: Linear Encoder Mounting Harko Schwartz 2006-03-15 04:11:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Linear Encoder Mounting Graham Stabler 2006-03-15 07:12:32 UTC Re: Linear Encoder Mounting