CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Linear Encoder Mounting

on 2006-03-15 04:11:51 UTC
Hi Jack

The Hymark tape scales are a real good way to make a working scale with
minimum space required and is less likely to get contaminated. You can make
them the exact length so there is no hang over of the frame of the scale.

Harko

On 3/15/06, turyga1963 <TIntruder@...> wrote:

> Talk to Tim at LMSC (Linear Measurement Systems Corp) In Anaheim.
> http://www.digitalreadoutsystem.com/index.html
> He's the gentleman who participates in the "Shumatech DRO" Yahoo group
> and imports the Jenix brand of Korean scales as well as selling and
> servicing a wide array of other DRO systems.
>
> As I recall though, the Jenix glass scales can be mounted on their
> side so long as your mounting arrangement provides for appropriate
> alignment between scale beam and data module. Obviously, it's a bit
> easier to achieve this alignment when scales are mounted upright as
> gravity provides the majority of the alignment guidance.
>
> Tom
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Mogren" <mogren@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > I am looking at installing linear encoders on a bench mill. the
> > ones I am looking at will fit nicely on the X and Z-axis, but not on
> > the Y-axis. I just don't have the clearance required, even if I use
> > an ultra small/thin version of these scales.
> > I could make it work though, if I mount the Y-axis scale on its
> side
> > and manufacture a mount for it. Can you think of a reason why this
> > would not work? I might have to make a cover for it too.
> >
> > - Jack M.

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
> if you have trouble.

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
>
> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
> THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Jack Mogren 2006-03-13 20:10:05 UTC Linear Encoder Mounting Harko Schwartz 2006-03-14 05:16:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Linear Encoder Mounting turyga1963 2006-03-15 00:07:31 UTC Re: Linear Encoder Mounting Harko Schwartz 2006-03-15 04:11:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Linear Encoder Mounting Graham Stabler 2006-03-15 07:12:32 UTC Re: Linear Encoder Mounting