CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: A MaxNc Retrofit on my Dyna-Myte 2000 CNC mill

Posted by caudlet
on 2006-03-22 11:49:19 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Howe" <fredhh47@...> wrote:

> I am retrofitting a dead Dyna-Myte 23000 CNC tabletop mill with a
> MaxNc controller board and software kit that I purchased for about
> $250.00 a few years ago. My problem is the limit/home switch wiring. I
> simply can't make heads or tails out of the single paragraph of
> instructions about how to hook them up. What I have is two loops,
> consisting of the 3 positive limit switches and the 3 negative limit
> switches, set up so that if any switch is tripped, it opens the
> circuit. I am hoping to use the same positive limit switches as the
> Home switches by putting a switch in the line and directing the output
> to either the "Home" pin or the "limit" pin, as it appears that it
> won't work to simply connect the switches to both at the same time.
> What mystifies me is where do I connect the "other" end of the loop?
> Ground? Someone suggested I had to supply a low level (<50ma) 5 volt
> source. Does this make sense? I have listed the location of pictures
> of the circuit board, the circuit schematic and the very short
> paragraph describing the hookup. If anyone can offer any insight on
> this problem I could complete my project. BTW, I know the MaxNc board
> is a cheap, cheesy substitute for a real controller, but I'd like to
> complete this project before I start trying to improve on it. Thanks
> for any help
> Fred Howe
> pictures are at:

Fred I am not familiar with the specific controller you have but from
an electronics perspecitve you can't have switches in a series
configuration (typically normally closed) AND an individual
configuration for homing. The Home signals have to be for each axis.
Each axis as a separate Home switch. In some software you can
designate the Homes as Limits too but they can't be in series

You can connect all of your limits (sometimes called "hard limits" and
far limits in series and use the NC (normally closed) so that any trip
will open the circuit and trigger an e-stop. The Homes need to be
separate swtiches, one for each axis. Homes can be NO (normallyu
open) or NC depending on how you setup the software logic.

Not trying to rag on you but for 57.00 bucks for our powered hreakout
and MACH3 (Mach as a MaxNC mode) you might have all the features you want

Tom Caudle
Http://www.CandCNC.com
"We just made CNC easier!"

Hardware for Home Shop CNC:
Low cost, powered/isolated, breakout card
AC and DC "Drive Saver" power controls
2nd Generation digital THC
Handheld Manual Pulse Generator (MPG)

> www.professorwiz.com/fred/circuit1bd.jpg
> www.professorwiz.com/fred/circuit1dwg.jpg
> www.professorwiz.com/fred/description.jpg
> or e-mail me and I will e-mail them to you.

Discussion Thread

Fred Howe 2006-03-21 20:54:17 UTC A MaxNc Retrofit on my Dyna-Myte 2000 CNC mill Roy J. Tellason 2006-03-22 05:12:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] A MaxNc Retrofit on my Dyna-Myte 2000 CNC mill caudlet 2006-03-22 11:49:19 UTC Re: A MaxNc Retrofit on my Dyna-Myte 2000 CNC mill Arturo E. Duncan 2006-03-22 17:40:30 UTC Re: A MaxNc Retrofit on my Dyna-Myte 2000 CNC mill Michael Noltkamper 2006-03-22 20:53:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: A MaxNc Retrofit on my Dyna-Myte 2000 CNC mill Fred Howe 2006-03-25 09:16:48 UTC Re: A MaxNc Retrofit on my Dyna-Myte 2000 CNC mill Fred Howe 2006-03-25 09:41:32 UTC Re: A MaxNc Retrofit on my Dyna-Myte 2000 CNC mill Seiman H 2006-03-25 12:17:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: A MaxNc Retrofit on my Dyna-Myte 2000 CNC mill