CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: anyone tried RhinoCAM ?

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 2006-03-22 15:57:25 UTC
Message: 5
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:02:09 -0700
From: Doug Fortune <pentam@...>
Subject: anyone tried RhinoCAM ?

>http://www.rhino3d.com/e-news/e-0905pr.htm

>RhinoCAM Pro, a plug-in for Rhino 3.0, is ideal for the mold,
>die tooling, woodworking, rapid prototyping, and general machining
>markets. RhinoCAM's new advanced toolpath-generation strategies
>now include 2½, >3, 4, and 5-axis machining, suitable for the most
>sophisticated >manufacturing requirements.

Is it any good and what does it cost?

cheerz
Doug

[I've been using it, and it works pretty well. It is essentially the same as
VisualMill 5.0 full, but plugged into Rhino. I haven't tried all the more
exotic machining strategies, like the 5-axis stuff; (the 5-axis routines are
for a fixed position of the 5th axis, so it might not be that hard to rig
up). It's nice having the CAM functions in the Rhino workspace, since it's
easier to make changes on the fly, as required, without having to switch
back and forth between programs. It has a configurable post generator, so
it's relatively easy to configure it for a machine or control system that's
not already on the list. I've still got some copies of the Pro version I
bought when it came out at the introductory special price ($2900), which I'm
passing on to my customers. There's also a Basic version with a subset of
Pro's features (see http://www.mecsoft.com/Mec/Products/products.shtml for a
comparison chart- RhinoCAM Basic has the same feature set as VisualMill
Basic) which is considerably less money, but is upgradable to the full
version. ]

All the Best;

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2006-03-22 13:02:59 UTC anyone tried RhinoCAM ? Graham Stabler 2006-03-22 15:02:22 UTC Re: anyone tried RhinoCAM ? Harko Schwartz 2006-03-22 15:51:13 UTC Re: anyone tried RhinoCAM ? Andrew Werby 2006-03-22 15:57:25 UTC Re: anyone tried RhinoCAM ? Graham Stabler 2006-03-23 02:37:34 UTC Re: anyone tried RhinoCAM ? Harko Schwartz 2006-03-23 04:03:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: anyone tried RhinoCAM ?