CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: military aircraft

"Carey L. Culpepper" wrote:

> Doug: That will work. Thanks!
> Oh yeah, the F-15 is an awesome thing. I am into sportscar road
> racing.
> Well, let me rephrase that I used to be when I could afford it. Still
> have the cars though. We have a road racing track right across the
> road
> from Pratt and Whitney here in West Palm Beach area. I remember on one
>
> occasion seeing a f-15 drop down below tree-top level probably over
> the
> railroad tracks or highway. Then we heard this WHUMP from him kicking
> the afterburners and the next we saw him was accelerating straight up.
>
> Awesome!

I guess living in St. Louis, we get a bit jaded with all the F-15 and
F-18
activity around here. The Mo. Air National Guard fly F-15s, and we get
to hear them go right over our house just about every Thursday about
11 or noon. Sometimes you can see them, too. (They used to fly F-4s,
and we could see them real well, but the F-15s get up into the haze by
the time they have gotten this far out (about 6 miles, I think).
I saw a pair of F-18s testing their afterburners when I was parking at
the
airport a few years ago, then they took off side by side. I also saw
an F-15 in Thunderbird's paint take off and roll to 90 degrees, and just

fly off toward the horizon like that. Obviously a military pilot, a
civilian
couldn't get away with a stunt like that over a city.

Jon Elson 2000-07-04 21:20:09 UTC Re: military aircraft