CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: excel to gcode

Posted by afogassa
on 2006-05-30 12:32:17 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Smith" <imserv@...>
wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thank's Tom and others, Tom got it, I'm using ATAN2(X,Y) and
> getting
> > points from Z and Y axis.
> > What I'm trying to cut looks like a bracelete, it's kind of
oval
> and
> > the side walls are not parallel.
> > Can not just rotate A axis as the X and Z axis needs to move
at
> the
> > same time.
> > I'm using Deskcnc. A axis goes from 0 to 360 plus or minus and
> > adding past the 360.
>
> If you are using DeskCNC, you can directly create rotary axis code
> from an .STL file. It will automatically calculate the tool
passes
> using X-Z motion and indexing in A as often as you specify. Model
> your bracelet in 3D, save in .STL and then DeskCNC will make the
> toolpath directly.
>
> Fred Smith - IMService
> http://www.cadcamcadcam.com/hobby

I've it in 3d, the thing is I dont want to machine the whole
surface, I just need to cut it out from a long shape tube.

Discussion Thread

afogassa 2006-05-30 10:28:23 UTC excel to gcode Fred Smith 2006-05-30 12:10:18 UTC Re: excel to gcode afogassa 2006-05-30 12:32:17 UTC Re: excel to gcode Fred Smith 2006-05-30 13:14:11 UTC Re: excel to gcode