CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: W.E.T. [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO cable for Lindsay Lathe DRO

Posted by Art Eckstein
on 2006-05-31 09:00:20 UTC
Dave,
That is exactly what I used on my version of the DRO and it has
worked very well.

Art

At 11:42 AM 5/31/2006, you wrote:
>Hi Dave and All:
> Check out the larger drawing supply places that handle drawing
>board supplies. The old straight edges used a mult-stran SS cable
>that would last for a long time. Just use a pully that has a radius
>in the bottom to match the cable diameter.
> GOD'S BLESSINGS
> Bill
>
>Hi all,
>
>I'm trying to figure how to add the Lindsay DRO to my lathe. I have
>all the parts except a cable.
>
>an endless belt could work, but I would need one that is 12 feet long.
>

>I was thinking of an alternative of using a wire rope or stainless
>cable. the problem is in finding something that can wrap around a
>small diameter pulley with some measure or reliablility and not fray
>and break.
>
>Any suggestions ?
>
>Dave

Bubba

OLDER THAN DIRT
Country Bubba
(Actually the inventor of Country and Bubba)
In God We Trust

http://bellsouthpwp.net/A/r/Arts_home_page/DRO/

LaGrange, GA

turbulatordude 2006-05-31 08:15:14 UTC DRO cable for Lindsay Lathe DRO wthomas@g... 2006-05-31 08:44:33 UTC W.E.T. [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO cable for Lindsay Lathe DRO figNoggle 2006-05-31 08:59:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO cable for Lindsay Lathe DRO Art Eckstein 2006-05-31 09:00:20 UTC Re: W.E.T. [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO cable for Lindsay Lathe DRO Hugh Prescott 2006-05-31 12:15:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO cable for Lindsay Lathe DRO