CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: suggestions for servo spindle

on 2006-06-06 15:17:48 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Graham Stabler" <eexgs@...>
wrote:

> Further to recent posts on a possible sliding headstock lathe I wonder
> if anyone can suggest any sources of servo motors suitable for turning
> up to 10mm stock with fairly heavy cuts, mainly brass and ali. You
> can be specific if you know of a particullarly cheap surplus motor for
> example.
>
> Also is it possible to have two encoders and switch between them, if
> so what do you need to do to the gecko to stop it having a fit?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Graham

What size, voltages, amps etc ?
Got some 174V 20 amp Seimens servo's.
About 4 " square and 6" long off a lathe Z axis

John S.

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2006-06-06 03:27:13 UTC suggestions for servo spindle John Stevenson 2006-06-06 15:17:48 UTC Re: suggestions for servo spindle Graham Stabler 2006-06-06 16:16:25 UTC Re: suggestions for servo spindle