CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: GIF files to G Code

on 2006-06-25 14:02:46 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Bush" <lbush@...> wrote:

> Would appreciate hearing from members as to what programs are
available to
> convert GIF files to G Code.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Larry

As far as I know, the GIF files are bitmap and have no caresian
coordinates in the points. all the points are really pixels and only
if the pixels are located in some mathematical location can they be
converted automatically.

However, you should be able to import a picture file into some other
software and then set a grid up and then show the points and make the
lines.

Points on one layer to export as a drill layer, and other objects can
then be re-drawn to some exacting sizes.

If you are doing artwork, there are programs that will take the
picture and somehow interpelate into a height so you can cut out reliefs.

I am pretty sure there are a few programs that will allow you to
import artwork and then convert to g-code.

I have never used it, but I though Master-5 had such a feature ?

Dave

Discussion Thread

Larry Bush 2006-06-25 09:35:58 UTC GIF files to G Code JCullins 2006-06-25 11:24:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] GIF files to G Code turbulatordude 2006-06-25 14:02:46 UTC Re: GIF files to G Code Jimmie Crenshaw 2006-06-25 21:29:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: GIF files to G Code William Perun Sr 2006-06-26 07:33:00 UTC Re: GIF files to G Code