CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Constant Velocity unwinder

on 2006-07-17 16:48:26 UTC
A simple analog method is have a tach (tiny DC motor) attached to a
capstan wheel. Form a summing node of the tach feedback (- voltage)
with a velocity command (+ voltage). Use an op-amp to PID amplify the
difference voltage (error signal) and drive the VFD analog speed
input with the output. You should be able to regulate the feedrate to
within 1% that way. A quad op-amp and a dozen resistors/capacitors
should do it. About $0.99 of parts.:-)

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Fernando" <fer_mayrl@...>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I think this would be off topic, dont know so if you think it is,
> please add the OT on the subject on your replies.
>
> I have a client that has an unwinder, it unwinds flatstock
about .25"
> thick, it has a 5HP motor with a reducer, and a VFD. The client has
it
> right now as to supply the max amount of material it can, but
> obviously, as the diameter of the roll gets smaller the less
material
> is being delivered. What would be a good way to supply constant
> material flow? I was kind of thinking of replacing the motor and
VFD,
> with a servo operating in velocity mode, and attaching the encoder
> a following wheel that is in contact with the material being
> delivered. Does anyone know if there are VFD that can accept a
signal
> that regulates the speed, that signal being an encoder or tach
> attached to the advancing material?
> Regards
> Fernando

Discussion Thread

Fernando 2006-07-17 15:16:45 UTC Constant Velocity unwinder Mariss Freimanis 2006-07-17 16:48:26 UTC Re: Constant Velocity unwinder Fernando 2006-07-17 17:30:57 UTC Re: Constant Velocity unwinder Mark Whitis 2006-07-18 02:10:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Constant Velocity unwinder Graham Stabler 2006-07-18 03:05:20 UTC Re: Constant Velocity unwinder Fernando 2006-07-18 08:30:01 UTC Re: Constant Velocity unwinder Fernando 2006-07-18 08:45:38 UTC Re: Constant Velocity unwinder