CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Small DC motor Caps - what size to use?

Posted by Hugh Prescott
on 2006-07-20 08:09:31 UTC
The caps are for suppression of electrical noise that is generated by
arcing between the brushes and the commutator.

Drives the radio receiver crazy causing loss of control of RC vehicle.
Probably not needed in a servo system but probably will not hurt. May
reducewear on the commutator.

Normal values are .1 uf, garden grade bypass caps. Normal to use three,
case to each brush and brush to brush.

Hugh
Old RC guy