CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Where can I get EMC / EMC question

on 2000-07-11 10:23:24 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Jon Elson <jmelson@a...> wrote:

> bill@g... wrote:
>
> > Where can I get a copy of EMC, and is there a specifice version of
> > Linux I need to run it? I was thinking of buying a dell already
set
> > up for Linux, and they only ship with 6.2.
>
> See http://linuxcnc.org/ there are several versions available for
the
> 2.2.13
> kernel. You probably want the OLDEST one there if you will be using
> servos,
> and the latest one for steppers.
>
> I'm not sure if the Red Hat 6.2 is a 2.2.13 kernel or not.
>
> Jon
I have been lurking this group for a while as I am going to CNC my
Sherline soon. Much has been written on various CNC programs an from
what I have read EMC seems promising.
I wnt to this site mentioned in the message above and found a link to
a ftp server that gave me this message:

**WARNING**WARNING**WARNING**WARNING**WARNING**

This is a United States (NIST) computer system, which may be accessed
and used only for official Government business by authorized
personnel. Unauthorized access or use of this computer system may
subject violators to criminal, civil, and/or administrative action.

All information on this computer system may be intercepted, recorded,
read, copied, and disclosed by and to authorized personnel for
official purposes, including criminal investigations. Access or use
of this computer system by any person whether authorized or
unauthorized, constitutes consent to these terms.

Are all of you EMC users "authorized personnel" working for "official
Government business"es? I am not so I just backed out and posted this
question.

Flosi Gudmundsson
Iceland

Discussion Thread

Jon Elson 2000-07-10 14:22:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Where can I get EMC / EMC question Tim Goldstein 2000-07-10 17:41:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Where can I get EMC / EMC question Flosi Gudmundsson 2000-07-11 10:23:24 UTC Re: Where can I get EMC / EMC question