CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Where can I get EMC / EMC question

Flosi Gudmundsson wrote:

> . Much has been written on various CNC programs an from
> what I have read EMC seems promising.
> I wnt to this site mentioned in the message above and found a link to
> a ftp server that gave me this message:
>
> **WARNING**WARNING**WARNING**WARNING**WARNING**
>
> This is a United States (NIST) computer system, which may be accessed
> and used only for official Government business by authorized
> personnel. Unauthorized access or use of this computer system may
> subject violators to criminal, civil, and/or administrative action.

This is mostly a legal "boilerplate" warning to hackers. If you are
using the
system for the purpose it was provided for, namely the dissemination of
programs and documents from NIST, then you have nothing to fear.

But, that is not the FTP site you really want. What you want is the
OTHER link
on that same inner page, which gets you to the linuxcnc.org archive of
older
versions of EMC.

You will not find a dire warning on that one.

Jon Elson 2000-07-11 12:29:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Where can I get EMC / EMC question