CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Disassembling a Vertex HV-6 Table

Posted by Lester Caine
on 2006-08-09 12:59:20 UTC
Kory Hamzeh wrote:

> I hope this is the right group to ask this question. If not, I
> apologize.
>
> I tried to convert my Vertex 6" H/V table to CNC by adding a stepper
> motor to it. The problem is that the table seems to have some rough
> spots in it rotation that is causing the stepper to miss steps. I was
> told that some of these table have this problem and need to be taken
> apart and cleaned.
>
> I started taking it apart and ran into the following problems:
>
> 1. I need to get to two table locks on opposite sides of the table out
> before the table comes out. I can't seem to figure out how the locks can
> be removed from the table base.
>
> 2. I've taken every thing off of the hand wheel portion expect the
> little black collar. I've removed the two set screws on the collar, but
> it won't come out. I was told the whole worm gear assembly should slide
> out at this point, but its not. I did remove the bearing plate from the
> bottom of the table.
>
> 3. I've misplaced the screw that holds the hand wheel in. I'd like to be
> table to put the hand wheel on just to test the unit. If someone has one
> of these tables and can tell be the size and diameter of the screw, I
> would really appreciate it as I don't have a lot of metric screws here
> to try.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This any help?
http://home.lsces.co.uk/ModelEngineersDigitalWorkshop/wiki/?page=RotaryTableConversionGuide
I'd be interested to know how these copies compare to the Vertex.
Not sure where I put my screw at the moment so I can't measure it ;)
If things look similar fire any more questions.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
Model Engineers Digital Workshop -
http://home.lsces.co.uk/ModelEngineersDigitalWorkshop/
Treasurer - Firebird Foundation Inc. - http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php

Discussion Thread

Kory Hamzeh 2006-08-09 10:59:20 UTC Disassembling a Vertex HV-6 Table Lester Caine 2006-08-09 12:59:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Disassembling a Vertex HV-6 Table Kory Hamzeh 2006-08-09 14:40:57 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Disassembling a Vertex HV-6 Table Lester Caine 2006-08-09 21:53:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Disassembling a Vertex HV-6 Table