CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Disassembling a Vertex HV-6 Table

Posted by Lester Caine
on 2006-08-09 21:53:51 UTC
Kory Hamzeh wrote:

>>This any help?
>>http://home.lsces.co.uk/ModelEngineersDigitalWorkshop/wiki/?pa
>
> ge=RotaryTableConversionGuide
>
>>I'd be interested to know how these copies compare to the
>>Vertex. Not sure where I put my screw at the moment so I
>>can't measure it ;) If things look similar fire any more questions.

> I read that page when you posted it for me on the M-E list. My table
> seem to be a little different than that one. For one, I can't find the
> set screw they mention in the body of the table. I've looked over it
> many times. Any clues exactly where it is located?

Obviously I'd like to get the sort of info you are looking for on my
site. I'm at the Bristol Model Engineering Exhibition next week so I was
going to have a look at the versions available there anyway ;)

WHAT the table is doing - who ever makes it - is much the same, so I
presume you have the same basic parts, and are just missing some detail?
I had trouble at first getting the woodruff key out of the end of the
shaft, but getting the shaft assembly out was quite simple. The
eccentric section of the shaft to control backlash on the worm ( and
allow you to disengage the worm from the table ) has the T bolt in the
top, and a small set screw into the side which lines up with the slot on
the shaft.
( You have found the hi-res version of the assembly - by clicking on the
picture ? - the hole for mine is just visible at the top left of the
base casting )

I see Tony has answered on the DIY list. I know he is away from base
which is a pain as he has a converted Vertex on his bench ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
Model Engineers Digital Workshop -
http://home.lsces.co.uk/ModelEngineersDigitalWorkshop/
Treasurer - Firebird Foundation Inc. - http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php

Discussion Thread

Kory Hamzeh 2006-08-09 10:59:20 UTC Disassembling a Vertex HV-6 Table Lester Caine 2006-08-09 12:59:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Disassembling a Vertex HV-6 Table Kory Hamzeh 2006-08-09 14:40:57 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Disassembling a Vertex HV-6 Table Lester Caine 2006-08-09 21:53:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Disassembling a Vertex HV-6 Table