CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Drives describe the control

Posted by BYRON DAMANIA
From: A&K ERWOOD
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Drives

G'Day All,
I am looking at buying three servo amps for a milling machine retrofit, 1 motor is rated 92VDC 24amps at stall the other 2
motors are 92VDC 10amps at stall. The amps I am looking at buying are BALDOR amps and they accept both step and direction pulses,
or a + -10v signal. Which of these input types is best??? Why???
Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew Erwood

Dear Andrew

If you could describe the CNC control you plan to use I could guide you through.

regards

BYRON DAMANIA