CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: W.E.T.[CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Angle Iron Ways

on 2006-08-20 22:02:02 UTC
Aluminum Extrusions?

bob mcknight

To: Neil Gillies <neil@...>,
CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
From: wthomas@...
Date sent: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:09:17 -0400
Subject: W.E.T.[CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Angle Iron Ways
Send reply to: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

Hi Neil and All:
I have set back waiting to see if anyone would mention the
common table saw. I have machined, wood, aluminum, brass, and steel
on a 10 table saw. Also, the 7 degree conical disk sander that Sears
sold worked great for producing a good finish. If you are doing and
extra long piece you can use a longer plate attached to the rip fence.
Just run three guide plates switching them to match like you would if
you were scraping in a set of flat plates. In this way you can get a
long straight guide plate. If you don't have the conical sanding disk
you could use a dish type wheel and tilt the arbor. Then, right on
center line of the saw arbor you use a slid dresser to dress the wheel
vertical. If you work at it you should be able to get parts 2 to 3
meters long that are straight within a hairs (.002- .003) Try it you
will like it.
GOD'S BLESSINGS
Bill