CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: sources for small r8 spindle/motor assemblies

on 2006-09-08 07:12:10 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, figNoggle <david@...> wrote:

> hi all-
>
> the x-axis of the prototype benchtop mill is nearing completion and the
> y-axis is being planned out now.
>
> in preparation for the z-axis, i'm trying to find r8 spindle/motor
> assemblies. so far, the only ones turning up are machines that can be
> cannibalized (like the x2 or x3 mills from sieg).
>
> i've checked ebay for motors and such and there seem to be only large
> motors for vmcs or other machines of that size and ones smaller than a
> mini-mill motor assembly.
>
> are there any other sources?
>
> thanks!
>
> david
>

> NEW! THK SHS-Series Linear Bearing and Guide Pricing Chart
> <http://www.fignoggle.com/thk-shs-pricing.htm>
> Sieg X3 and Super X3 Mill Information <http://www.superx3.com>

LittleMachinShop.com sells the R8 spindle head part all by itself.

You need to buy or make everything else. Since no one really likes
the origional drive gears, that is no loss. make a vee belt pulley
set-up.

I am working on mini-mill (X2) and looking at changing it over to a
Vee belt, and adding a shaft lock at the same time.

I am also toying with the idea of mounting it on a swivel so I can
tilt the head. As you probably know, the mini-mill has a tilting
column, but the bug is that the head alone does not lend itself to
individual Z motions.

Dave

Discussion Thread

figNoggle 2006-09-07 19:22:27 UTC sources for small r8 spindle/motor assemblies turbulatordude 2006-09-08 07:12:10 UTC Re: sources for small r8 spindle/motor assemblies gawnca 2006-09-10 12:56:23 UTC Re: sources for small r8 spindle/motor assemblies