CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bandit 1 Control

Posted by skullworks
on 2006-09-12 18:22:52 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Kennedy" <bradk66@...>
wrote:

> Hi all....I'm new to the group....will be around for a while.
>
> I have a Supermax vert mill w/ Bandit 1 control. I just powered
this
> thing up for the first time. I don't have any doc's on it. Can
> someone tell me how to input a simple program to test the machine
> before I spend $$$ on manuals?
>
> I found a sample program on a post and whittled it down for a test.
> can't quite figure out how to enter and store it via the control
> panel on the mill?
>
> N1O5556
> N2 G40 G17
> N3 T1 M06
> N4 G90 G0 X0 Y0 Z1.
> N5 S5000 M03 M08
> N6 G00 F30.0
> N7 X0.076 Y0.341
> N8 G00 Z.1F90.0
> N9 G01 Z-.01F30.0
> N10 G01 F42.1
> N11 X0.064 Y0.326
> N12 X0.060 Y0.293
> N13 G00 Z3.F90.0
> N14 G00 F30.0
> N15 M05 M09
> N16 G90 X0 Y0 Z3.5
> M30
> N17(End of CNC Program)
> N18
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> I also have a Shizuka AN-S w/ AB 8400 control, Glentek Drives, and
> tool changer. I will be looking for info and parts for it soon. I
do
> have manuals for it.
>
> Thanx!
>
> Brad
> Coos Bay, OR

OK - Its been about 12 years since I touched a Bandit - but I'll give
it a quick shot.

BTW I do have a Bandit Programming manual around here somewhere. The
Bandit and GE 1050? were 2 of the controls I studied on in college in
the EARLY 80's.

1st off - mem is very limited so skip the line numbers.

From the panel choose an axis (X | Y | Z) then the number (like
3.625) then press the ENTER key if there is more commands on the same
line, after the line is finished press the STORE key (Its like a
CR/LF)

a "/" at the begining of a line signifies a rapid move. All other
lines are made at the last defined feedrate, which defaults to a
rapid until you have specified a "F" command. ( No G00 or G01's used)

I don't want to explain setting tool offsets without the manual
handy, better no advice than wrong advice.

IIRC G codes are only really used for Fixed cycles and offsets (G92) -
early models had no G40|G41|G42 cutter comp - its all spindle C/L.

M Codes

M0 - Program stop
M1 - Option stop
M2 - Program end
M3 - Spindle on CW
M4 - Spindle on CCW
M5 - Spindle Off
M6 - tool change
M7 - Mist coolant on
M8 - Flood coolant on
M9 - ALL coolant Off

I have a coffee can full of my OLD programs on punched paper tape.

- * - * -

I will have to dig it out and set up a scanner, and make an Open
Office PDF file.

Discussion Thread

Brad Kennedy 2006-09-11 18:52:32 UTC Bandit 1 Control cnc002@a... 2006-09-11 20:34:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bandit 1 Control skullworks 2006-09-12 18:22:52 UTC Re: Bandit 1 Control