CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: looking to build a rpt

Posted by afogassa
on 2006-09-14 07:27:47 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Graham Stabler" <eexgs@...>
wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@>
wrote:

> > Hi All,
> > I'm thinking about building a 3d printer, but got stock on the
> > software to generate the slices from .stl file.
> > boxford Rapidpro can do it( like the demo, and it costs around
> > 495.00 ),but the countour layers should be cut with a vinil
cutter and
> > then assemble the model by hand, no, no mistake here, I realy
wrote BY
> > HAND ( think about those 100's of layers :-( )
> > Has anyone try it ? or know of a software to slice stl and
output
> > the slices as a bitmap so it can be printed?
> > I'm geting tired of using my router to make those thin wall
> > prototypes, it takes a lot of time to get the parts out.
> > It would be nice to have a 3d printer, just let it printing
and go
> > do something else with the router.
> >
> > Fogassa
> >

> If you have Rhino you can use the command contour to produce lots
of
> outlines at regular intervals, it should be possible to write a
script
> or plug-in to do something with them.
>
> Graham

I did that with Rhino, if I can write a script to out put the
countours in dxf layers than open those layers with Coreldraw run a
Visual basic script or macro to fill in each layer then print it.
have to work on how to write rhino scripts.

Thank's
Fogassa

Discussion Thread

afogassa 2006-09-11 23:38:21 UTC looking to build a rpt Sebastien Bailard 2006-09-12 00:13:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] looking to build a rpt Graham Stabler 2006-09-14 06:02:46 UTC Re: looking to build a rpt afogassa 2006-09-14 07:27:47 UTC Re: looking to build a rpt Graham Stabler 2006-09-14 08:23:45 UTC Re: looking to build a rpt