CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: looking to build a rpt

on 2006-09-14 06:02:46 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@...> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm thinking about building a 3d printer, but got stock on the
> software to generate the slices from .stl file.
> boxford Rapidpro can do it( like the demo, and it costs around L
> 495.00 ),but the countour layers should be cut with a vinil cutter and
> then assemble the model by hand, no, no mistake here, I realy wrote BY
> HAND ( think about those 100's of layers :-( )
> Has anyone try it ? or know of a software to slice stl and output
> the slices as a bitmap so it can be printed?
> I'm geting tired of using my router to make those thin wall
> prototypes, it takes a lot of time to get the parts out.
> It would be nice to have a 3d printer, just let it printing and go
> do something else with the router.
>
> Fogassa

If you have Rhino you can use the command contour to produce lots of
outlines at regular intervals, it should be possible to write a script
or plug-in to do something with them.

Graham

Discussion Thread

afogassa 2006-09-11 23:38:21 UTC looking to build a rpt Sebastien Bailard 2006-09-12 00:13:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] looking to build a rpt Graham Stabler 2006-09-14 06:02:46 UTC Re: looking to build a rpt afogassa 2006-09-14 07:27:47 UTC Re: looking to build a rpt Graham Stabler 2006-09-14 08:23:45 UTC Re: looking to build a rpt