CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Thank You Harbor Freight!

Posted by Mark Vaughan
on 2006-10-01 01:27:03 UTC
Some of the foreign casting are very poor. I always stick to Record bench
vices because I have only ever broken one, I've bust more than 20
Indian/Chinese ones.
Recently the UK navy bought some anchors not from India or China but
another country in the cheap castings game. The price was less than the
wieght of the steel which seemed strange.
Normally with a ship, if the anchor drops off you leave it there on the sea
bed and buy another, but our Navy went down to revover it. In the centre
shaft we found three house bricks.
Some one obviously thought this was OK, so who knows what goes into the
steel for a simple vice.
Regs Mark

_____

From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vince Negrete
Sent: 01 October 2006 00:37
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Thank You Harbor Freight!

Yea, I dont know how they stay in business!..... Amazing!
I caught an online sale and combined them for a big order complete with
coupons, picked up about 30 items that priced at about $130 but I walked out
of there spending only $38.00.
Havent had too many failures either. Only one was a 6" Vise made in India
actually Potmetal broke right down the middle. (bad casting I guess....)
I returned it and they promptly replaced
it with Store Credit since I purchased a better one somewhere else.