CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Got my Gecko servo drivers

on 2000-07-13 19:17:40 UTC
Tim Goldstein wrote:

> The URL is http://www.geckodrive.com/
>
> It is pretty impressive inside. There is quite a pile surface mount
> components on a PCB with mosfets and a voltage regulator sticking out
> of the bottom of the board and pressed against a 1/8" thermal plate
> that is also the mounting plate for the driver. I called Mariss to
> ask some questions and he told me the plate is hard anodized and that
> serves as the electrical isolation for the mosfets. The whole unit
> measures 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 x 3/4".

> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Tim

Are you going to use EMC with these? I figured my step rate would be
12,700 steps/inch based on the encoders I have (635 lines/rev) and the
.2"/rev travel of my ball screws. (635 X 4 X 5 = 12,700 steps/Inch).
At 50 ipm thats 635,000 steps/min for each axis. Do you think EMC will
be able to handle rapid moves of 3 axis' at that speed? I think my math
is right. If so, 1000 line encoders will require 1,000,000 steps/min at
50 ipm per axis.

Bill

Discussion Thread

William Scalione 2000-07-13 19:17:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Got my Gecko servo drivers Tim Goldstein 2000-07-13 20:50:29 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Got my Gecko servo drivers