CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:Cheap Servo motors?

on 2000-07-14 08:52:13 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Andrew Werby <drewid@l...> wrote:
> Message: 24
> Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 03:30:21 -0000
> From: "Alvaro Fogassa" <fogassa@p...>
> Subject: harris semiconductor
>

> BTW: the guy that sold me that has a ton of servo motors with
> encoders on it,many made by pittman and it's cheap a lot cheap.
>
> [I'd be interested to find out about them. Since I'm going to get
some of
> Marriss' new $99 servo drivers, I'm in the market for some high-
torque
> brush-type DC motors to go with them. Would these work, do you
think? How
> big are they? "A lot cheap" sounds good to me...]
>
> Andrew Werby
> www.computersculpture.com
>
> I went back to the place and there is a lot motors,the pittman
motors that I've told you are gear head motors with sensors attached
to it,and not encoders as I told you,sorry for the confusion,this guy
have a lot industrial staff and would take me at least a day to sort
trhu his inventory.when i say cheap I mean cheap,I've got a servo
motor aprox.the size of the pittman's,a stepper motor with a nice
aluminum frame gear box reducer with bearings all for $10 bucks.
Also bought a lathe dro made by anilan(no scales) for 10 bucks.
This guy buys industrial and computerstaff to get the gold out of
it.but somethings like motors,teste equipment,he keeps to sell.
It's hard to get him there.iwill be there tomorow end take a better
look at the motors.

> Andrew Werby - United Artworks
> Sculpture, Jewelry, and Other Art Stuff
> http://unitedartworks.com

Discussion Thread

Andrew Werby 2000-07-13 22:50:34 UTC Re:Cheap Servo motors? Alvaro Fogassa 2000-07-14 08:52:13 UTC Re:Cheap Servo motors? Robert Bachman 2000-07-14 09:35:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:Cheap Servo motors? Alvaro Fogassa 2000-07-14 11:18:24 UTC Re:Cheap Servo motors?