CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Free pcb cutter

Posted by Mark Vaughan
on 2006-11-08 14:19:04 UTC
I think I have one of these in my PCB's drills and bits assortment box, only
ever used if for hand work on plastics, haven't a clue where I got it from,
and never used one in CNC though.

Mine is finer than 1/8 inch though, probably about half that diameter.

I use either a square ended PCB router bit, or sort of a pointed D bit which
is similar and normally made from the broken shanks of carbide PCB drills,
grind a point, then knock one side off.

The end of a small centre drill also work quite well.

Regs Mark

_____

From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Abken
Sent: 08 November 2006 21:44
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Free pcb cutter

Hello All,

I have been milling pcbs at home for about 3years now, and have
developed a tool that I think works really well. I call this one a
spade mill, it has a 60deg point angle and can mill a path in copper
clad to .01 thou of an inch with no problems. Made of micrograin
carbide on an 1/8 inch shank, it holds up very well, and I think I
can produce these for less than what is now available to the hobby
pcb millers out there.

I am interested to know if any of you have used tools that look like
this before.

If you have not, and would like to try one, let me know off list at
kn6za@hotmail. <mailto:kn6za%40hotmail.com> com and I will send you a FREE
one to try out. I just
ask that you provide me with some feedback on how it worked for you,
relative to what you have used before.

I have posted this on several other group sites already so I have a
very limited supply to hand out for free so first come first serve.

I have a picture of the tool setup on flickr.com
check it out
http://www.flickr <http://www.flickr.com/photos/16019611@N00>
com/photos/16019611@N00

I hope this info can help others who are milling circuit boards at
home.

Thanks,
Andrew Abken
DrewTronics

Andrew Abken 2006-11-08 13:47:20 UTC Free pcb cutter Mark Vaughan 2006-11-08 14:19:04 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Free pcb cutter