CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PMD Motion Control boards and Chips?

on 2006-12-11 15:30:20 UTC
lcdpublishing wrote:

>Hi guys
>
>I get junk mail from this outfit and today and interesting thing
>came in about an "economical" motion controller that is for PCs (PCI
>bus).
>
>http://www.pmdcorp.com/advanced-motion-control/pci-motion-card.cfm

The cards look nice, but without pricing, it's hard to tell if they're a
good value.

>I also noticed they have something similar to what Gecko has been
>working on that deals with steppers and stall prevention...
>
>http://www.pmdcorp.com/news/press.cfm?ART=67

It seems more like stall detection than prevention. From their page:

"This flexible device, designed specifically for step motor control,
alerts the user when the motor has lost steps during motion."

>Some of the specs are just out of this world if I am reading them
>correctly - 5 million steps per second! Useless for steppers I think
>but interesting for servos I would suspect.

I think that speed is mostly useless as well, but the faster the
timebase, the smoother the acceleration profiles can be.

>Has anyone used any of their products? Any idea of what the costs
>are and such?

Nope, and with products like the Mesa 5I20 <http://www.mesanet.com>, I'd
not really bother looking too hard for pricing.

>Thanks
>
>Chris

Any time
- Steve

Discussion Thread

lcdpublishing 2006-12-11 14:42:12 UTC PMD Motion Control boards and Chips? Peter Homann 2006-12-11 15:12:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PMD Motion Control boards and Chips? Stephen Wille Padnos 2006-12-11 15:30:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PMD Motion Control boards and Chips? Paul Kelly 2006-12-11 21:01:17 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PMD Motion Control boards and Chips? Stephen Wille Padnos 2006-12-11 21:10:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PMD Motion Control boards and Chips?