CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: PWM Back Emf

Posted by Frank
on 2007-01-13 19:48:15 UTC
That doesn't really help me understand. It sounds like if I try to
modify the speed by changing the PWM, it won't; it will return to
preset speed. I think I am going to have to put a circuit together
and try and understand it.

Thanks for trying to explain it.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Mariss Freimanis"
<mariss92705@...> wrote:

> That's where the trimpot comes in. Too much and the motor speeds up
> with increasing load. Too little and it slows down. Just right and
the
> speed doesn't change at all. Kind of like Goldilocks, the 3 bears
and
> the beds, the chairs, the porridge or whatever.:-)
>
> Mariss
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <ftkalcevic@>
wrote:

> > I understand the theory you are describing - detecting a change
in
> > current implies a change in load and a change in speed, so
change
> > the PWM voltage to compensate.
> >
> > However, when I start the motor the current hits about 100mA
before
> > the motor starts spinning. When it spins the current drops to
> > 80mA. Once spinning I can reduce the PWM duty cycle so the
current
> > is about 30mA and the motor is still spinning slowly. Don't I
need
> > to be at a known speed/load balance point before applying the
> > compensations? I can't just say 50mA represents 10% speed
because
> > my motor will not have started spinning.
> >
> > Of course all my logic could be wrong because I am testing with
an
> > unloaded motor.
> >

> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Mariss Freimanis"
> > <mariss92705@> wrote:
> > >
> > > It's actually very simple. A motor slows down with increasing
load.
> > > Increasing the motor voltage speeds it up. Sense the motor
load and
> > > increase the motor voltage just enough to compensate. Result
is no
> > > motor speed change as motor load goes from zero to max. Uphill
> > will be
> > > just as fast as downhill.:-)
> > >
> > > Mariss
> > >
> > > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <ftkalcevic@>

This
> > is
> > the
constant at
> > the
> > gradient. I

> > and
> > small

> > increasing

compensation. It
> > positive
> > motor

> > with
> > motor

<ftkalcevic@>

> > brushed
> > (150mA
> > have
> > they

> > shows a
> > wait
What's
> > even
> > double
> > in

> > Is
> > increased
> > signal

Discussion Thread

Frank 2007-01-13 02:12:41 UTC PWM Back Emf Mariss Freimanis 2007-01-13 07:35:38 UTC Re: PWM Back Emf Dennis Schmitz 2007-01-13 14:43:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PWM Back Emf Dennis Schmitz 2007-01-13 14:49:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PWM Back Emf Frank 2007-01-13 15:04:35 UTC Re: PWM Back Emf Mariss Freimanis 2007-01-13 16:08:37 UTC Re: PWM Back Emf Frank 2007-01-13 17:54:19 UTC Re: PWM Back Emf Mariss Freimanis 2007-01-13 18:58:06 UTC Re: PWM Back Emf Frank 2007-01-13 19:48:15 UTC Re: PWM Back Emf Jim Register 2007-01-13 22:06:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PWM Back Emf Frank 2007-01-13 23:50:32 UTC Re: PWM Back Emf Alan Marconett 2007-01-14 11:24:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PWM Back Emf