CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [sherline] Stepper motor mounting info needed

on 2000-07-20 14:07:58 UTC
Arnold, Diane and the List:
CC Bill, Luis

JigBlk1.jpg and
JigBlk2.jpg

files are now posted on sherline@egroups for your enjoyment. Using
Sherline's new mounting hole layout will be useful to those adding or
planning to add stepper motors to the Sherline Mill/Lathe.

My new VectorCAM program (I'm just learning it) can also output .DXF
(file exchange std), .CCN (VectorCad), and .DGN (AutoCad) files if
anyone wants. the .DXF files have me puzzled. Are there dimensions in
my .DXF files? I can't see them. I thought I had. Oh well.

Dimensions include hole-hole and hole-leadscrew dimensions from Sherline
(as used in Mill/Lathe). Please also refer to Sherline's excellent
"Free Instructions for all Sherline Accessories" at:

http://www.sherline.com/accessor.htm

and read the "Installing CNC Stepper Motor Mounts On A Sherline Mill".

http://www.sherline.com/6700inst.pdf

I'm not connected to Sherline in any way.

Alan

P.S. Bill & Luis:
Did anyone get the .DXF & .DGN files? Data formats readable? Any
comments?

Arnold & Diane Chord wrote:

> Are you going to post these drawings in the files section?
>

> > Alan Marconett KM6VV wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Luis, Bill,
> > >
> > > I Called Sherline on the 6700 retrofit kit, and they were kind enough to
> > > FAX me two drawings of the Mill Table and CNC Lathe/Column Bed. The
> > > FAX shows .820 hole-to-hole (.410 2PL) on the Column and Table, And .410
> > > from the two holes to the centerline of the leadscrew (Column). Guess
> > > tonight I'll redraw the two jigs, if you're interested.

> > > By the way, I'd like to post pix of Sherline's CNC motor mounts (gotta
> > > borrow a digital camera, and I'm still in trouble for buying VectorCAD!
> > > {;-) I think Sherline's got the best retrofit kit I've seen (motor
> > > mounts, SHCS, coupler, preload nut, inner/outer bearings). Beautiful!
> > > And the instructions (6700) are tops! Thanks Joe!
> >
> > > Alan Marconett
> > >
> > > Luis Longeri wrote:

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-07-20 14:07:58 UTC Re: [sherline] Stepper motor mounting info needed Fred Smith 2000-07-21 06:40:40 UTC Re: Re: [sherline] Stepper motor mounting info needed