CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Parallel port isolation

on 2000-07-20 14:20:47 UTC
Doug,

Did you publish the "wonderboard project" I'd be curious to see what it
was. I currently use a buffer/isolator box I found at a surplus haunt
of mine.

I've designed A/D interfaces and stepper controllers that use the
parallel port; but I too, do not have any PCB layout skills/software
(yes, I've seen some free layout software, no time!).

I can relate to the *NEED* for isolation, I fried an expensive stepper
driver, stepper controller IC (CY525 uP), parallel interface card and
one or two power supplies when I failed to notice that kids (cat?) had
knocked one power supply into another, and it shorted stuff out when I
powered it up (OK, my fault, it was all on the floor of my office).

Alan