CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clamping Fixture

Posted by Tom Hubin
on 2007-03-08 12:40:55 UTC
Hello Victor

Some time back I posted a couple of projects on the Sherline website. Go
to http://www.sherline.com/CNCproj.htm and look at the church project.
The building and the steeple each have three reamed 0.1247 inch diameter
dowel pin holes. The building and the steeple are then pressed together
with three dowel pins between the building and the steeple. I used a
vise to press the parts together but C clamps work well too.

If you download and unzip the project you will find drawings and Gcode
files for the church parts and for the fixture plates. The fixture
plates replace the steel jaws on a Sherline vise and hold the church
parts aligned with slip fit dowel pins.

I'll try to make time to photograph some large horizontal fixture and
work plates used for making an array of small parts.

Tom Hubin
thubin@...

*********************

Victor A. Estes wrote:

> Tom,
>
> What you describe is along the lines of what I have been thinking
> about building over the last several years, I've just have not done it
> yet. I always seem to do it the had way with mutiple setups and have
> not really taken the time to fiqure out a good repeatable fixture/jig
> clamping design for my application. That's what is driving my
> motivations right now. So thank you very much for the description, it
> seems straight forward to me. SOme pics would be great as well if you
> have time.
>
> Thanks Again
>
> Victor A.

Victor A. Estes 2007-03-07 08:54:35 UTC Clamping Fixture Jon Elson 2007-03-07 09:44:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clamping Fixture Victor A. Estes 2007-03-07 11:06:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clamping Fixture ballendo 2007-03-07 15:06:59 UTC Re: Clamping Fixture ballendo 2007-03-07 15:16:35 UTC Re: Clamping Fixture Rexarino 2007-03-07 15:46:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clamping Fixture David A. Frantz 2007-03-07 18:00:43 UTC Re: [DIY-CNC] Clamping Fixture Victor A. Estes 2007-03-07 19:06:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clamping Fixture Tom Hubin 2007-03-07 22:32:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clamping Fixture John Dammeyer 2007-03-07 23:02:02 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clamping Fixture Fred Smith 2007-03-08 05:50:59 UTC Re: Clamping Fixture Victor A. Estes 2007-03-08 06:33:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Clamping Fixture Victor A. Estes 2007-03-08 06:54:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clamping Fixture Tom Hubin 2007-03-08 12:40:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clamping Fixture Victor A. Estes 2007-03-08 14:54:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Clamping Fixture