CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] encoder phase shifts

Keith Clark wrote:

>I am struggling to get a Yaskawa motor to work with a Rutex step/dir
>to +/-10v controller. I can get the motor to move in one direction
>only using Mach3 and a Campbell breakout board. I can move in the
>other direction when I change settings on the amp and I can move in
>either direction when I place a + or - voltage to the amp. I know the
>motor is ready to move, but the Rutex does not like something. I fear
>it may be the Yaskawa encoder.
>
>My question is this: what do common encoders do with the phase A and B
>when the direction is changed? In this situation the phase B preceeds
>phase A by 90 degrees during forward motion and phase B lags phase A
>during reverse motion. Perhaps the Rutex does not like this. I am
>afraid that normal encoders do not shift the phase relationship with a
>change in direction?

Yes, any quadrature encoder needs to show this change of phase to
indicate the
direction. So the phase shift is not the problem. It sounds like the
Rutex converter
is not sensing the direction signal from the computer. When you try to
change
direction, does the polarity of the analog signal from the Rutex change
sign?
It certainly should.

Keith Clark 2007-03-10 08:27:41 UTC encoder phase shifts Jon Elson 2007-03-10 21:24:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] encoder phase shifts