CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam

Posted by R Rogers
on 2007-03-24 17:42:58 UTC
John, Exactly. I went over and checked it out, it does look improved a great deal. Haven't watched the video yet.

They always come out with a high price, after the market shock wears off and they've sold it to everyone they can think of, then the CD's are just more tea saucers for them :) Thats always been there philosophy it seems, bleed every penny out and the price keeps dropping, especially after a newer version comes out.

If they are listing 1495 right now on the site for 2D, that means it can be bought for, well you know how much :)

John Stevenson <john@...> wrote:

> But what you all need to understand is that its not going to be the same price
> anymore. It's 3rd party programming. It's going to retail $3500. No more 200
> -300 upgrades anymore. Upgrades will be 1K minimum. Wait and see.

We will wait and see.
So far only price I have seen is 2D from $1495
But on the same site V21 pro is advertised at $5370 retail, sale price of $2995 but I know of many who paid less than 1K for it and in some case a lot less than that.

Let the dust settle first.

John S.

> John Stevenson <john@...> wrote:
> >
> > What does 22 have over 20 or 21? Thats the exact question they get from me
> > when they rarely contact me to upgrade. I ask what is in this version that I
> > don't already have. If the list is short or uninteresting. I stay with what I
> > have, hence I'm still using 20.
> >
> > Ron
> >

> So far from the little I have seen it's a completely new animal.
> More in like with Featurecam and Visualmill than the lookalike V19, V20 and V21.
>
> Need to get a demo version first to evaluate more but they have made a big move.
> perhaps like OneCNC who had a name change from the Bobcad styled Auscad they may
> have done better with a new name to go with the new program.
> Many didn't know the differences between V20 and V21 and may assume V22 is just
> a face lift of V20 / 21 which it isn't.
>
> John S.

John Stevenson 2007-03-24 17:16:34 UTC Re: Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam R Rogers 2007-03-24 17:42:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam Rodney Hill 2007-03-25 04:35:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam