CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam

Posted by Rodney Hill
on 2007-03-25 04:35:29 UTC
But the main difference is guys, its all 3rd party developing now. They have no choice but to sell it for much more. Just remember what i'm telling you everyone and you'll be suprised. The days of BobCAD wheelin and dealin, over!!

John Stevenson <john@...> wrote:
> But what you all need to understand is that its not going to be the same price
> anymore. It's 3rd party programming. It's going to retail $3500. No more 200
> -300 upgrades anymore. Upgrades will be 1K minimum. Wait and see.

We will wait and see.
So far only price I have seen is 2D from $1495
But on the same site V21 pro is advertised at $5370 retail, sale price of $2995 but I know of many who paid less than 1K for it and in some case a lot less than that.

Let the dust settle first.

John S.

> John Stevenson <john@...> wrote:
> >
> > What does 22 have over 20 or 21? Thats the exact question they get from me
> > when they rarely contact me to upgrade. I ask what is in this version that I
> > don't already have. If the list is short or uninteresting. I stay with what I
> > have, hence I'm still using 20.
> >
> > Ron
> >

> So far from the little I have seen it's a completely new animal.
> More in like with Featurecam and Visualmill than the lookalike V19, V20 and V21.
>
> Need to get a demo version first to evaluate more but they have made a big move.
> perhaps like OneCNC who had a name change from the Bobcad styled Auscad they may
> have done better with a new name to go with the new program.
> Many didn't know the differences between V20 and V21 and may assume V22 is just
> a face lift of V20 / 21 which it isn't.
>
> John S.

John Stevenson 2007-03-24 17:16:34 UTC Re: Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam R Rogers 2007-03-24 17:42:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam Rodney Hill 2007-03-25 04:35:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam