CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Pixie 100 step and dir to analog board setup

on 2007-05-05 17:07:07 UTC
Fixed! The Pixie works great. The basic problem was that during
tuning I had to turn the K parameters to very low values (Kp=2, Kd=13,
Ki-0). The speed reference mode works fine so the Yaskawa amp does
not need to be set up in torque mode. I even have Mach3 running the
motor through the Campbell break-out board. What a relief!

Keith Clark

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "toolspindoctor"
<clarkfamily5@...> wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "toolspindoctor"
> <clarkfamily5@> wrote:
> >
> > Still struggling to get a Yaskawa motor to work with now a Pixie step
> > and dir to +/10v converter. I am hoping someone who has successfully
> > done it can tell me if they get a curve during the "Running" test. I
> > do not. I get a curve during "Impulse" testing but the curve does not
> > match the motor movement.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Keith Clark
> >

> It seems like the motor wants to work somewhat when the Amp is set up
> for speed reference mode but not in torque mode. Is there any other
> way to change from step and dir to +/-10v with a motor which works in
> speed reference mode?
>
> Keith

Discussion Thread

toolspindoctor 2007-05-05 08:48:39 UTC Pixie 100 step and dir to analog board setup toolspindoctor 2007-05-05 08:51:23 UTC Re: Pixie 100 step and dir to analog board setup toolspindoctor 2007-05-05 17:07:07 UTC Re: Pixie 100 step and dir to analog board setup